Growing the LAC & Becoming more a part of Great Falls April 2015 (amended)
Summary of 2015 actions & outreach to date, and some proposed actions, meetings, & outreach
Becoming more Inclusive: increasing LAC membership/attendance, & keeping GF Community informed.
• Reaching out to Consumers, Community members, & Stakeholders:
o Current efforts: our 2 new handouts, Resource Guide (2nd ed), website, facebook page, Survey, emails
o Proposed efforts: website Message Board, survey, participation in upcoming community events
• Growing our mailing list: Suggestions needed.
• Possible groups to focus our outreach:
o First Responders & Dept of Corrections
o the elderly population
o the Schools
Becoming better Integrated: into existing Great Falls systems, organizations, & agencies.
• Vonnie & Shelly have conducted meetings with: City Council, Benefis, Family Violence Council,
Center for Mental Health
• Proposed meetings with: City-County Health, Neighborhood Councils, Voices of Hope,
Public defenders, Other?
Becoming more a part of Montana-wide systems: Volunteers needed.
• MACO tour of Helena crisis services facility
Solidifying our own functioning & processes: Volunteers needed.
• Review of our Bylaws
• Review & renewal of Officers
• Data Collection efforts
Creating & refining our own tools & resources:
• Current electronic means: Website & Facebook page
• Proposed electronic means: Website message board? City cable message board, DOC mailing list, Tribune/radio? Other?
• Current printed means: Our two handouts & the Resource Guide, 2nd ed.
• Proposed printed means: Flyers? Posters? Generic Business cards?
• CSAA grant application (in process)
• Other Grant applications: Volunteers needed.
Recent participation in Community events:
• Mental Health First Aid training
• Cascade County Health Fair
• Report on Medicaid Expansion in the 2015 legislature. Letters to the Editor?
• Upcoming events?? Share information, put up on calendars (printed & electronic), Volunteers.
Proposed LAC Projects:
• More Mental Health First Aid trainings- one for first responders.
• Crisis services/ Crisis Hot Line
• Increased awareness & help for MH needs of the elderly
• Create a Fundraiser—smaller or larger, to benefit local MH organization or effort.
Starting an annual Fundraiser will:
(1) Build Community,
(2) Raise Awareness of Mental Health issues, &
(3) Raise money for local services
• Crisis Hot Line
• Volunteers for the Elderly
• Mental Health Court